Jazz is on of our core disciplines
Recreation Jazz Class is designed to teach proper technique to dancers of all ages. Class begins with a warm-up and stretches progressing to across the floor, center floor work, and combination choreography. We will also frequently include improv dance to stretch creativity and performance levels. Dancers work on flexibility, kicks, jumps, leaps, and turns to challenge the dancers and push them to the next level.
- Students will perform in Christmas and Spring Recitals.
**Attire: Dancers are required to wear leotards or tight fitted clothing that they can move freely in. Hair must be pulled back and out of the face. Jazz shoes or half soles are required.
Technique Level Descriptions
- Level 1: Novice Level classes (1st or 2nd-year dancers)
- Level 2: Beginning Level classes (Dancers with 1-2 years of dance training)
- Level 3: Intermediate Level classes (Dancers with 2-3 years of dance training, mastered single pirouettes)
- Level 4: Intermediate/Advanced Level classes (Dancers 3+ years of dance training, mastered double pirouettes)
- Level 5: Advanced/Professional Level classes (Dancers with 4+ years of dance training, mastered triple pirouettes and fouettes)
Academic Season Classes
Our Jazz Teachers
Owner and Studio Director
Chalee Rawlings has one main goal as a dance teacher, it is to instill a love of dance into all who enter the studio. She consistently strives to teach her dancers to encourage each other as they freely express who they are through the art of dance. Chalee focuses on unity at the studio and creates an atmosphere of fun, safe learning for every student that walks through the door.
Kyly Saunders has the remarkable ability to balance teaching and allowing the children to explore their personal expressionism. She has developed exceptional teaching skills throughout her career and continues to evolve and grow. Her goal as a teacher at the studio is for every dancer to develop a personal love for dance.
Christon Chritchlow-Eastman is one of our most talented choreographers. She has won awards in judge’s choice, overall, and best choreography. Christon would like to one day travel the world and choreograph for companies and soloists. Her goal as a dance teacher is to help dancers in their journey of building self-confidence and reaching their goals.
More details coming soon...